Title: Modern Interpretation.
It must be fate… but my favorite photo from New York City is once again a window reflection shot. There is so much to love this photo and the items that catch my eyes the most are:
1. Yellow Chairs. They were the reason I took this photo.
2. Square Dots. They reminded me of PacMan and I loved the way that 3 of the squares matched up to the blank wall mounted TV screen.
3. The VW on the Right. Love how this car pops and accents the silver table and helps form the yellow chair on the far right.
4. The Coffee Table/Rug inside the PT Cruiser. Yes this was framed this way and it forces the eye to stare and figure out what is happening.
5. Not So Random Lines. From the beams to the line structures of the windows… every line helps direct traffic in the photo, as well as keeps everything from falling out of frame.
6. Rich Deep Colors that Battle a Cool Gray Wall. I think this is what really makes the photo. The deep yellow of the chair matched with the rich hardwood flooring battles the flat gray wall. It’s almost like you are seeing warm and cold colliding into one. OMG… that sounded too damn artsy.
So there you have it… why I love this photo!
Shot in New York City with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a EF 50mm f/1.2L lens.