Title: Lashing Out.
Ten Elements I Think About When Taking Portraits
1. Composition is Key, always.
2. Accurate Representation of Your Subject. Skin color, hair, eye color, etc.
3. Proper Use of Lighting. This can be natural or artificial, use it correctly.
4. The Rule of Thirds. This is extremely important in portraits.
5. Correct Colors, understanding white balance.
6. Depth of Field. No one likes a flat portrait.
7. Background DOES NOT Overpower Your Subject. Remember, a portrait is about the subject’s face and facial features.
8. Tack Sharp, no one likes fuzzy facial features in their portrait.
9. Is My Subject Comfortable? An uncomfortable subject produces uncomfortable portraits.
10. Instant Connection between the viewer and the subject in the portrait.
I’m sure there are more things to think of… but these ten are always in my head. Thought I’d share, enjoy!